Wednesday 21 November 2012

Daler Mehndi's son Gurdeep to debut in Bollywood

Singer Daler Mehndi's 23-year-old son, Gurdeep, will soon make his debut with 'Meri Shaadi Kar Do'. So, is he worried whether fans will accept a turbaned hero? Says Gurdeep, "Many people told us that we might as well dub the film in Punjabi, why take panga with the Hindi film industry. Personally, I feel it will set a trend. This film is an attempt to get myself accepted as the 'sardar hero'." 

And what did father Daler have to say about this? "He asked me to ignore the sceptics," he adds. Incidentally, Gurdeep is also the music composer of the film. "Music is in my blood, but I chose acting over it. One of the main reasons is that, eventually, people would end up comparing me with my dad. I don't want that," he ends.

1 comment:

Twitter Bird Gadget